armandoke

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Lament over Lebanon

I've found a very clear and Chrisitan document that diagnoses the situation in Lebanon, by the Anglican theologian Colin Chapman. After reading it, I believe it deserves further spread in the world. Evangelicals, though often unheard, still have a voice that translates the biblical understanding of the world.

The Rev Colin Chapman was until 2003 Lecturer in Islamic Studies at the Near East School of Theology, Beirut, Lebanon, and now lives in semi-retirement near Cambridge. He has worked for 17 years in different places in the Middle East, and also taught at Trinity College, Bristol and Crowther Hall, Selly Oak, Birmingham. His books include Whose Promised Land? (Lion, 2003), Whose holy City? Jerusalem and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict (Lion, 2004); and 'Islamic Terrorism': Is There a Christian Response? (Grove, 2005).

You can read the article here.

2 Comments:

  • Well, I was thinking of adding a post to my blog on this subject but I'm so ignorent of the subject, so many different voices! Who am I? But I'm glad you set the tone dear armando. I'm might post a link to yours.
    Good article btw.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8/11/2006 09:39:00 pm  

  • Thanks Filip for your comment. These days we are bombarded literally with news about this war, and I believe that independantly of our political views, we still have to keep a prophetic voice as Church, even if it goes cross-current ... as normally God's word does ;)

    By Blogger Armando, At 8/11/2006 09:52:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home