armandoke

Monday, October 15, 2007

490 Years of the Reformation



Since on October 31st we commemorate the 490th anniversary of the day when Martin Luther boldly presented his 95 Thesis in Wittemberg, as a disputation on the power and efficacy of indulgences, i thought it would be appropriate to devote some posts to the roots of my Evangelical Faith. The film itself is worth of being seen.

Being raised as roman catholic, all the story of the Reformation and the price that was paid by my predecessors in the faith was unknown. I converted to Christianity at the age of 14y, by grace through faith, as one of the results of the faith of the Reformers. Their faith yielded in me having the option to meet Jesus in a personal way, to read freely the Word of God in my own language, and to worship God together with others all over the world. I'm really in debt to men like Martin Luther, John Calvin or Casidoro da Reina, who devoted their lives to serve Jesus in difficult times and in the midst of a pagan world. Not so different by the way to our world today!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home