armandoke

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Holy Communion at Bujumbura's Anglican Church

As usual when I'm in Bujumbura, I've attended the French Speaking morning service at the Anglican main church downtown. It is an early task because it starts at eight o'clock, and when I say o'clock, I mean it! For most of the things the local habitude is to be late, but not for this service.

Today, it was a Communion Service. It touched me very much. I enjoyed the liturgy, which I associate in my mind with the old days at the Betania Church in Calacoto, or our beloved aussie friends and pastors Judy and Greg Blaxland. But what was so nice, was the way people received the communion: every person went to the front and kneeled to receive the Bread (Body) and the Wine (Blood of the Covenant). Wow, it was simply so touching to see that humility. Even the Archibishop that was present in the service went there and kneeled to receive the communion.

A blessed morning so far.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Let your faith shine there in Africa, Armando! The Lord is opening doors for you in service - walk through them in peace.

    Miss ya and looking forward to seeing you again. From your brother with a clean heart thanks to the blood of Jesus!
    Dave

    By Blogger David John Bolton, At 4/23/2007 11:58:00 pm  

  • Hi Dave,

    Thanks for your prayer support. I will have LOTS to tell you upon arrival. This was one of the most difficult things I had to do so far, particularly in terms of PR and team-working. Lots of lessons to apply further in life. Thought that with PhD learning was over. Mistake. I wish there were more Christians doing this kind of work, probably praying together could be benefical for such an endeavour.

    We are writing a project proposal to benefit the most vulnerable amongst the vulnerables. If it is accepted, and fundend, we estimate to reach 10.000 malnutrition suffering kids per year, to provide income generating activities to widows, orphans, AIDS and war victims.

    Anyway, I must go back to work. Thanks again!

    Armando

    By Blogger Armando, At 4/24/2007 09:25:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home