armandoke

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A nice surprise

Yesterday I received the phone call of my friend Saher Fares, he is an Egyptian translator working for the BBC in London. Saher called to tell that he was in a short trip in Belgium, visiting Brugges, together with a friend Nadine. The first time we met was some years ago at a conference, and the last time we saw each other was during my trip to Cardiff in 2004. I suggested them to visit Gent, since it is one of the most beautiful cities in Belgium, though neglected by visitors and tour operators. Finally, we met for a quick city-tour, and from their comments, I beleive they enjoyed the place very much. Their visit made my day. I found and 'old' picture of Saher, and I hope he'll send the pictures they made during the Gent visit, so that i can share them via the blog.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home