armandoke

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Old pictures of city of La Paz, Bolivia (I)

Today one of my uncles forwarded me some b/w pictures witnessing how La Paz has changed in the last century. I want to share with you some of these pictures. I have discovered that they are also available at the Site of the Municipality of La Paz. I hope they don't have any copy-rights, and in any case i'm not using them for commercial purposes. So, the first picture is from 1870's, showing the Municipal Theater of La Paz. It has been restored/renewed later in the 20th Century.
The picture below, shows how it looks from the inside now, following the investments in the renovation works.

The main entrance, as you can see on the last picture of this post, looks much different now, it's now surrounded by other buildings in the main Centre of the city, and the full concept changed.

I hope to keep posting the other pictures, hopefully with the current state of the places they show.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home