armandoke

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Still 15 hours to go for PhD defence

This has been a hectic day. I've practiced the presentation a couple of times alone at home, and this afternoon my friend Mirjana listened to me for the second time, and she found that it is "ok". Mie Remaut, another friend and colleague listened the presentation later so in total I guess I've repeated it like 6 or 7 times. I want to publicly thank them for their help and valuable input for this presentation.

Finally, with 24hrs delay, the book of the thesis arrived. It looks nice. This is aparently over, and I don't want to even look inside, in fear that there's something wrong (it will be of course). Anyway, time is going on, and the "big day" is approaching.

I wonder how is life after a PhD defence, and apparently many have survived. I'm thankful to God for this new step in my life, and pray that He blessed the forthcoming ones.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Well well well, Doctor Armando, we are very very proud of you!!!
    Although I missed the presentation and could only attend the reception, I sensed a happy atmosphere when I entered the room. Everybody seemed to be very satisfied.
    May our Lord bless your future and guide you further. Again congratulations!
    samuel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11/22/2006 04:45:00 pm  

  • So you are a Doctor - if I am reading Sam's comments correctly. Tell the world. Post a blog.

    By Blogger Ross Garner, At 11/24/2006 09:47:00 am  

  • Dr. Armando,
    You may not even have a clue of who I am but in 2003 you picked me up from Zaventem (I came with a baby from Zambia for my MSc. Food Science and Technology. I just stumbled across your website and wanted to say a big Congrats on your PhD completion. The Lord bless you and Keep you and make his face shine uopn you. May He grant you favour in all you do. You are blessed. Good day, NYAMBE.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11/25/2008 07:46:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home