armandoke

Friday, December 08, 2006

Living after PhD defence

Well, dear friends, it is not easy and evident to continue life without this Damocles Sword on your head. It is a principle that one often gets so used to a "prison" living that eventually when the new freedom arrives one does not know how to live in freedom. (Any philosophical similarities with what is happening in some countries is purely coincidence).

Last sunday, I had the privilege to preach in Church, refocusing once again on the meaning of Jesus' Kingdom Gospel, and used the amongst others, the text of Is 61.1-2 “The Spirit of God is upon me and has anointed me to announce fresh and glad news to the meek, to the depressed, God sent me to wrap firmly the hearts that have been broken into pieces; to proclaim freedom, liberty to those who were brought into captivity and to open the jails of those who are in bondage; to announce the delightful year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our Lord, to comfort all that mourn” (Is 61.1-2 free version A). Of course it meant to me a conforting message of freedom and starting a new step in my life.

One week before, we had the baptism service of the church. Photos are available at the Church's site. It was such a nice service and an opportunity to see many friends from old times.

2 Comments:

  • Armando, you're church looks like a really cool group of people.

    I looked at the pictures from the link. Too bad I couldn't undertand the writing!

    By Blogger Jason Woolever, At 12/08/2006 07:48:00 pm  

  • Hi Jason, yes indeed the church is a really cool group of people. I have to say that I'm proud of them. The writing is in Dutch, the language of the Church.

    Thanks for your comment!

    By Blogger Armando, At 12/12/2006 12:12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home