armandoke

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Finally back!

The past days were full of events. Thursday's flight was delayed ... eventually with 25 hours. Long story difficult to make short: 3 am friday, they brought us to hotels (after fighting for my rights as passanger), the hotel Arenal isn't my piece of cake, and certanily I wouldn't have chosen it on my full senses. A frugal lunch, and back to the airport where the plane was waiting for us. And we waited and waited and waited for it to leave with us inside ... but the original departure time 15hrs, was delayed to 17hrs, and then the disturbance started. Passengers left the transit area (you can't even get money there!) and protested soundly outside (even the TV appeared). There was a french guy that lead the "revolution" (since 1789 they have "revolution" in their blood I guess). Anti-disturbance Police appeared, so I just took some time then to go to internet. Eventually, and after some protestation hours, some sandwiches provided by the airline and lots of frustrations, the plane left by midnight.

When in Madrid, I received a sms message from my friend and Church colleague Dirk asking to go to cinema. This made me think the following: "He is free tonight, and thence can pick me up from the airport"; so I called him back, explained the situation, and I was right, since he had no other plans, he could pick me up at Zaventem.

Sunday, David and An and Sarita invited me for lunch to a healthy restaurant in Gent. It made me good; since after almost three days of trip, and forced "sandwich diet" a decent food was what my body and soul were longing for. In the afternoon, we went early to Church and afterwards we paid a visit to "de waterhuis op de bierkant" a pub in Gent.

Monday: struggled to finalise my BJN paper unsuccessfully. I hope they will accept it despite the delay. We'll see. Worked very late, and upon arrival in Ghent I went to visit Bram, Tina and their little newborn Marte. Fortunately for me, little Marte was fully awake, so I carried her (she is soooo light), played a bit with her. Actually, she is SOOOO beautiful! My day was blessed by the time with the Vervusts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home