armandoke

Monday, January 22, 2007

New toy & weekend report

Men are simply grown up boys. The only difference is the size and particularly the price of their toys. During my trip back home, I lost my former camera. I don't recall the circumstances (otherwise, I would have not lost it!) It might have been during the protestations against the airline, or at the hotel, or ... who knows?

Anyway, in this Western society, I felt the urgent need to replace the lost device. So, saturday I went to Brussels and visited some stores. FNAC offers relatively decent prices, and also Media Markt, and since I'm not really an artist, my goal was to have a decent instrument to take pictures, digital ones so that I can share them via my blog. So, eventually I chose a Samsung Digimax S800. For a good description of its benefits (in Dutch) please click here.

But for a compulsive buyer, only one thing is not enough to fully satisfy the compulsive buying pattern, so, on the way back to the station, I found a very nice coat, with 50% reduction, and could not resist the temptation, so, instead of simply buying the camera and coming back, I bought both. That's how market made needs affect one's economy. Anyway, I won't suffer any cold in this winter (a warm one btw) ... And probably i won't use the coat very much since I will be in Burundi for two weeks (from next Sunday on) enjoying the summer there ... So it will survive for the next year :-) and I will send lots of pictures from Bujumbura!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home