armandoke

Monday, February 05, 2007

HIPOPOTAMO (Lago Tanganika)

After having lunch in a restaurant at the beach, the big boss of the project and I went for a walk actually next to the water. To our surprise there was a small crowd, looking to a couple of hyppopotamus. I could make a picture of the closer one.


Thanks to my new toy's zoom, I could make a close up ;-)


And onother close-up, almost face to face with the beast.

For this picture, I went actually very close (dangerously) to the waterside.

But then, all the crowd decided to go back. And the beast swam in the opposite direction

Yes! it came out in the shore

At the shore ... we all expected it was going to actually get out of the water, but ...

It was only to make the toilet in front of the crowd ...

Anyway, a unique experience

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Wonderful, Armando! All creatures great and small, the Lord God made them all!!

    Enjoy the rest of the trip - and watch where you swim:)

    By Blogger David John Bolton, At 2/06/2007 10:50:00 am  

  • awesome,what a beast!So actually he was laughing with the crowd and showed his but?!:-)
    Greatz Jones

    By Blogger Jonathan De keyzer, At 2/06/2007 12:16:00 pm  

  • Of course, David, if I go swimming, it will be in a swimming pool ;-) I would not even think of coming close to the lake to take a bath.
    Yes Jonathan, the beast wasn't the politest one!

    By Blogger Armando, At 2/06/2007 09:19:00 pm  

  • Well well Armando, what a surprise. I was looking for the website of a church in Zaventem and what do I find: your blog.
    And another surprise : u're actually taking pictures of ... big creatures !
    All the best brother.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2/07/2007 12:29:00 pm  

  • Hi Marc, welcome to my blog! I can only say that God's ways are so high, that we cannot event imagine how this "coincidences" happen. Be blessed!

    By Blogger Armando, At 2/07/2007 12:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home