armandoke

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Rainy sunday in Bujumbura

Last time that I came to Bujumbura, I had the opportunity to visit and participate of the Sunday's meeting at the Anglican Church. Normally, when I'm abroad and there's no Vineyard Church, I will try to get to an Anglican one. It's always the safest choice. During my first visit, the service was in Kirundi, so thanks to the goodness of a brother, I could get some insights of what the sermon was on. Later this same brother told me that a French speaking service was held normally at 8 ... AM. So, I went there this morning. The taxi driver did not know where was that church, so he had to ask someone on the way, and the "coincidence" was that when he stopped next to a young man, he was an Anglican who gave him the right and specific directions on how to get there! PTL.
The sermon was the last one in a series of preachings on the Apostle's Creed. It is always nice to hear again the basics of our common faith as Evangelical Christians.

The speaker touched the subject of the universality/catholiciy of the Church; Of course this "catholicity" has nothing to do with the way Rome interprets it ;-) but as I was taught from the day of my conversion 21 yrs ago: all those individuals who have a personal encounter and relationship with Jesus are the Universal Church. He continued on the forgiveness of sins, a recent subject in my own church; then he touched the eternal life, the Second Coming and the Resurrection of the flesh, from a very healthy, conservative and hence biblical point of view ;-)

It was good for starting the day. To come back, I asked boldly to someone to drive me back to the hotel, since after yesterday's experience I did not feel safe to walk the 100 meters until the big avenue. Now it is raining heavily, so any plans are banned, and again a "hotel day" is foreseen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home